Paulo J. S. Cruz
School of Architecture University of Minho 4800-058 Guimarães
Portugal Short CV:
· Graduated in Civil Engineering by the University of Porto in 1987.
· MSc in Structural Engineering by the University of Porto in 1991.
· PhD in Civil Engineering by the Technical University of Catalonia, Barcelona, in 1995.
· Head of the Civil Engineer Department of the University of Minho (2003 - 2004).
· Associate Professor, with habilitation, in the Structural Division of the Civil Engineer Department of the University of Minho (2005 - 2008).
· Since 2004 is Dean of the School of Architecture of the University of Minho.
· Full Professor of Special Structures in the School of Architecture of the University of Minho (2008 - ...).
· Member of ASCE. In 2005 was awarded with the Thomas Fitch Rowland Prize.
· Member of the Editorial Board of the International Journal “Structure and Infrastructure Engineering”, edited by Taylor & Francis.
· Referee of the following journals: Engineering Structures, Elsevier; Experimental Mechanics, Society for Experimental Mechanics; Journal of Engineering Mechanics, American Society of Civil Engineers; Journal of Structural Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers; Structural Engineering and Mechanics,TECHNO-PRESS; Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, Taylor & Francis.
· Since 2002 is the Secretary of the Executive Committee of “IABMAS - International Association for Bridge Maintenance and Safety”.
· Since 2006 is the President of the “Portuguese Group of IABMAS”.
· In 1997 founded the Portuguese Steelwork Association.
· Co-Chair of the “1st Portuguese Conference on Steel and Composite Structures”, Porto (1997).
· Co-Chair of the “2nd Portuguese Conference on Steel and Composite Structures”, Coimbra (1999).
· Member of the Local Organizing Committee of “IABMAS’02 – First International Conference on Bridge Maintenance, Safety and Management”, Barcelona, July (2002).
· Member of the Organizing Committee of “Eurosteel – Third Conference on Steel Construction”, Coimbra, September (2002).
· Chair of CIMAD’04 the “1st Iberian Conference on Timber Construction”, Guimarães, Portugal, March (2004).
· Co-Chair of IABMAS’06 in the “Third International Conference on Bridge Maintenance, Safety and Management”, Porto, Portugal, July (2006).
· Co-Chair of ICSB’08 the “7th International Symposium on Steel Bridges”, Guimarães, Portugal, June (2008).
· Member of the following Committees: Optical Fibre Sensors for Civil Engineering Applications (RILEM); Health Monitoring (IABMAS), Composite Structures (ECCS) and Bridges (ECCS).
· Chair of the Technical Committee on “Architectural & Structural Design – Innovation, Construction and Emerging Technologies” (ECCS).