There is a need to stimulate the inventive and creative design of architectural structures and to persuade architects and structural engineers to collaborate in this process, exploiting together constructive principles and aesthetic and static values.
The aim of ICSA2010 is to present research and developments on the merging of architecture and structural engineering.
The conference will facilitate the meeting of international participants interested in the recent advances in the art and practice of designing and building infrastructures in which the structural and architectonic values are consciously combined and the contribution of each other is mutually enhanced.
All major aspects of structures and architecture will be addressed. They include the following topics:
- Comprehension of complex forms
- Computer and experimental methods
- Concrete and masonry structures
- Educating architects and structural engineers
- Emerging technologies
- Glass structures
- Innovative architectural and structural design
- Lightweight and membrane structures
- Special structures
- Steel and composite structures
- The borderline between architecture and structural engineering
- The history of the relationship between architects and structural engineers
- The tectonic of new solutions
- The use of new materials
- Timber structures
The conference is intended for an audience of researchers and practitioners world-wide with a background in architecture and in structural engineering. It includes architects, structural and construction engineers, builders and building consultants, construction industry persons, academics, researchers, students, product manufacturers, material suppliers, project managers and contract administrators, asset managers, government authorities of infrastructure development and others.
The official language of the Conference is English.